Let us address one basic fact: masturbation is a common and healthy practice. According to a recently conducted survey, 91% of people engage in this activity. In addition, 36% of the survey participants reported masturbating 2-5 times a week, usually with the help of their favorite sex toy, which was used by 67% of the respondents.
Masturbation is by no means a dirty secret. It is considered an important part of mental and physical health. In the field of self-pleasure, a new trend is gaining popularity: mindful masturbation. Rather than seeking quick pleasurable sensations, this trend embraces a deeper, more sensual experience. Advocates of Positive Masturbation suggest that it should be viewed as an art or sacred practice that requires time and concentration. In this article, we'll explore everything you need to know about Positive Masturbation, its benefits, and how to practice it at home.
What is mindful masturbation?
Positive Masturbation is a "sensual way of exploring pleasure, integrating yourself into your body, and escaping the distractions of the mind for a few blissful minutes".
As we know, mindfulness means to be fully focused and aware of the present moment, rather than being fully absorbed. Conscious masturbation takes this concept one step further. When applied to self-pleasure, it allows us to move beyond rushed sessions to a deeper connection with ourselves, which ultimately leads to a higher sense of pleasure, a better understanding of our bodies, and relaxation in a pleasurable way. In essence, this is true self-care.
How do you practice it?
While many of us masturbate regularly with toys, conscious masturbation usually starts with using our hands. If you've relied on toys for a long time, this approach may feel foreign, but it creates a more intimate connection with yourself that toys may not provide. The recommended next step is to explore your body more fully, shifting your attention from your vulva and clitoris to other sensual areas from head to toe.
The key is curiosity, allowing yourself to feel each sensation and acknowledging which ones are pleasant or less so. This deeper self-awareness also enhances communication during a partner's sexual experience.
Instead of focusing on reaching orgasm, the focus shifts to your pleasure. Removing the pressure to perform can lead to a more relaxed and enjoyable experience.
If you're not sure how to get started without guidance, look online for programs that offer guided masturbation sessions. These apps can guide you through the process or provide sensual stories to spark your imagination.
What are the benefits of positive masturbation?
1. It can help you relax and de-stress.
2. Deepens your sense of pleasure.
3. it fosters desire, as spontaneous sexual encounters are not always the norm; establishing daily rituals that incorporate sensuality is important for maintaining intimacy.
4. it increases blood flow in the body and releases endorphins, a chemical that enhances pleasure in the brain.
5. It releases emotional stress, depression and anxiety.
6. It makes you feel comfortable and confident in your body.
7. It allows you to explore your desires so that you can be sexually satisfied even without a partner.
8. It allows you to experiment with yourself, learn about your body and know what works for you to achieve orgasm.
9. It can help you get a good night's sleep and prevent insomnia.
10. It strengthens your relationship with your partner when you fully understand your body and help your partner.
11. It reduces the risk of sexually transmitted diseases.
12. It can act as a stress buster and bring great relief if it reaches its limits.
Positive masturbation has some advantages, but it also has its own disadvantages. Men and women do it every day in order to reach orgasm when they are dissatisfied with their partner. The idea of masturbation gives them undivided attention and makes them inactive in their social life. Masturbation is essentially addictive and can make a person waste a lot of time, thus depriving them of becoming productive in life.
What are the disadvantages of positive masturbation?
1. if you are addicted to it and are deprived of doing so every time you want to, it can lead to frustration.
2. it can lead to lack of concentration and social life.
3. It may harm the genitals if you exert yourself.
4. It can lead to premature ejaculation in men.
5. It may also affect your virginity.
In short, positive masturbation is a self-care trend that emphasizes a deeper, more sensual connection with yourself. It encourages a shift from quick orgasms to more pleasurable and relaxing experiences. With the potential benefits of relaxation, sexual confidence, reduced anxiety and increased pleasure, it provides a valuable addition to one's self-care routine.